Tuesday, May 28, 2013

photo inspire

I decided on photo inspire as a title because I want to think of experiencing a photograph as an action verb. I want to photo inspire you today with some plants in a bucket. As part of my assignment for this I ventured to the local high school today for some time in the school garden. I learned about some of the different plants and about the difficult growing season, and for some reason (maybe you can tell me why) I was completely inspired by this image. I don't know how to explain what it means to me, but maybe I like it so much because it channels beauty in a simple unassuming rather plain circumstance or setting. When I left Mr. Campbell, the teacher I visited with, told me, "If you can make this garden look good, then you're a great photographer." I'm not sure about what magical powers I possess, but this photo makes me feel good, and that's really what I aim to do when I photograph anything: to evoke a feeling of joy, fancy, or wonder.


May you be inspired, and may you experience the enthrall of everyday beauty all around you,
Saira

No comments:

Post a Comment